Amazing Auto Facts
Over the years, changes to the automotive industry have led to research into some random areas, producing some great facts. We have compiled a list of our favourites, purely for your entertainment. Plus, you can tell these to your friends or work colleagues to make you look like you know far more than you actually do!
1. It is estimated that the average driver will swear 32,025 times in their lifetime whilst driving. Well, this is hardly surprising seeing as as the majority of people on the roads don't pay enough attention, or drive far too slowly for the rest of us.
2. A fascinating fact, showing that there really is such a thing as being too strong, is the Ford GT broke the crushing machine during its roof crush tests. This was due to its incredible strength, proving that it would be incredibly difficult to crush in an accident.
3. When you think of wealth and flash cars, you may think of Monaco or Qatar. However, the country with the most Rolls Royce per capita is in fact Hong Kong. Listed as number five for the top richest countries, Hong Kong has a GDP rate of just over 50,000 so it isn't too surprising that Rolls Royce is a popular choice with those at the top end of the scale.
4. If, for instance, you were ever wondering how long it would take you to drive to the sun, (who wouldn't), then the answer is more than 150 years. Hypothetically, if a road was ever built to the sun, you'd have passed away before you got there anyway!
5. We have all heard of weird laws in different countries – for example, it is illegal to wash your car on a Sunday. It is illegal in Shanghai, China to own a red car; however you will of course see some of these on the road. Many of these laws are never actually enforced and were introduced many years ago not for any particular r]eason, but they are still very amusing.
6. Finally, possibly the most annoying of the facts is that, on average, everyone spends two weeks of their life waiting for traffic lights to change. What a waste! So next time you're stuck at a red light, find something useful to do such as making the shopping list in your head or deciding what to wear at the weekend to save time.
If you have a car which makes you swear more times than average, or completely cuts out at red lights instead of just stopping, contact Damaged Car Buyers. If you are screaming out 'scrap my car!' then we can help.
Posted: 26/09/2017 09:07:56
| with 0 comments